Questions about Dental Bridges in Las Vegas and More?
From teeth whitening in Las Vegas to dental fillings in Summerlin, Dr. Tomaro is asked questions about dentistry daily. Below we have gathered answers to some of the most frequently asked, all for your convenience.
If your question is not answered below, give our Las Vegas dentist office a call at 702-331-4700 or Click Here to contact us.
1.Firstly, make sure to use a soft bristled brush. Hard bristled brushes can wear down the enamel of your teeth.
2. Place your brush at a 45 degree angle to your gumline. Bristles should contact both the tooth surface and the gumline.
3. Use short back and forth strokes or tiny circular movements to brush your teeth. Each movement should be no bigger than the size of each tooth.
4. Make sure to use gentle strokes while brushing. Gentle strokes are effective in removing plaque, while too much pressure can wear down the enamel of your teeth.
5. Brush all surfaces of each tooth, including the outer, inner, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
6. Finally, don't cut your brushing short! Make sure to brush for at least 2 minutes.
1. Take 18" of floss and wind it around the middle finger of each hand .You can use these fingers to take up floss as it becomes dirty. Using your thumb and forefinger, pinch the floss leaving 1-2 inches in between for cleaning.
2. Gently move the floss up and down the spaces of your teeth. Never snap the floss down onto your gums, as it can cause damage.
3. As you move the floss down into the space between two teeth, slide it up and down against the surface of one tooth. Gently clean at the gumline as well.
4. Repeat this process for all of your teeth.
- gums that bleed while brushing
- red, swollen or tender gums
- gums that have pulled away from the teeth
- bad breath that doesn't go away
- pus between your teeth and gums
- loose teeth
- a change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- a change in the fit of partial dentures
In-office teeth whitening
In-office teeth whitening works by producing a significant color change in your teeth in short amount of time, usally within an hour. The procedure is done at the dentist's office applying a high-concentration peroxide gel on the teeth after they have been protected with a special shield.
Professionally Dispensed Take-Home Whitening Kits
These whitening kits are purchased from your doctor for use at home. The strength of the gel used in these kits is lower than that used for in-office bleaching, and thus the gel can be applied for longer periods of time. Usually the trays are worn a couple hours a day or overnight for a few days or weeks depending on the product.
Over the counter whitening
Over the counter teeth whitening kits are store-bought and use a lower concentration gel than both in-office bleachin and take-home kits purchased from your doctor. While they are less expensive, they typically are less effective than methods that can be performed by your dentist because of the low concentration gel. Additionally, over the counter trays are not custom fit for your teeth, which can result in irritation to your gums while wearing the trays.
Regardless of the cause of your bad breath, good oral hygiene and regular checkups to the dentist will help reduce it. Brushing and flossing will eliminate particles of food stuck between your teeth which emit odors. It will also help prevent or treat periodontal disease (gum disease), caused by plaque buildup on your teeth, which can lead to bad breath. Dentures should be properly cleaned and soaked overnight in antibacterial solution (unless otherwise advised by your dentist). Finally, make sure to brush your tongue regularly to eliminate any residue.
With the help of medication, your Las Vegas dentist can work with patients to fight their anxiety and fears of going to their appointment to receive treatment. There are different levels of sedation that are available to patients and it all depends on the procedure and how you feel.
Here at our office, we offer a small pill to our patients that they take prior to their check-up. This is taken an hour before their appointment as well as making sure that a family member or friend brings you to the office.
If a patient is too worried about visiting their dentist, the use of sedation dentistry can help tackle their fears. Without proper dental treatment, patients can suffer from the lack of oral and dental care over a period of time.
Here are some of the benefits that sedation dentistry can provide:
- Feeling comfortable during their appointment
- Relaxation before, during and after the procedure
- Receiving treatment without fear, anxiety or pain
Call our office at (702) 331-4700 to speak to your dentist in Las Vegas and learn more about this option and if it can benefit you today.
There are many treatments that can be applied for sedation dentistry. There are also different levels of sedation dentistry, but not all may be available. It's important to call Dr. Tomaro and speak with him if this something you're interested in if you have a high level of anxiety when it comes to dental treatment.
You can reach our Las Vegas dental office by calling (702) 331-4700.