Las Vegas Dentist Explains How Your Teeth Work and Why It’s Important
Teeth don’t always sound that fun to learn about, but keeping yourself educated about your smile can do wonders! It’s important to know how to properly take care of yourself when it comes to your overall health and that includes your dental health, too. Thankfully, your Las Vegas dentist is here to break down what’s going on with your teeth.
Let’s start with the basics: every normal adult mouth has 32 teeth in it, a majority of which have appeared by the age of 13 or so. These teeth include:
· Incisors: These are the teeth in the very front, four on the top and four on the bottom. They’re the ones that are usually the most prominent in terms of smile aesthetics.
· Canines: The four sharpest teeth, they surround the incisors; two on the top and two on the bottom.
· Premolars: There are eight of these teeth which are found in between the canines and the molars. These are commonly damaged if a patient is suffering from cavities.
· Molars: These are the flat teeth in the back of the mouth. These are also commonly affected by cavities since they’re the best at properly breaking down foods.
· Wisdom Teeth: Also known as the third molars, these don’t come around until closer to the age of 18. Because these can disrupt the positioning of the rest of your teeth, they’re usually removed surgically.
Learn more about your teeth and how to protect them with your Las Vegas dentist by calling our office at (702) 331-4700. Your journey towards a healthy, strong smile starts today!